- Exquisitely carved wood arm rest; Length : 48 Cms approx
- Resting Armpit on the staff aids in Breath Flow + Detox (as indicated in description below)
- Comfortable for resting armpit or forearm
- Useful for effective japa meditation OR for altering air flow through nostrils in Pranayama
- Yoga Danda is an ancient device, designed by yogis centuries ago. Yoga Danda helps in changing the flow of BREATH in nostrils. This allows a person to achieve optimum energy flow in the body. The flow of breath can be altered by supporting the Yoga Danda under the armpits (right or left as per need)….. Place the yoga danda under the armpit of your active (open nostril) side and put your weight over the danda. Observe your breath flow and you will find within 5 to 10 minute your breath flow will alternate to the other nostril side. For example, if your right nostril is open put yoga danda under your right armpit, breath flow will change in to left….. The area under the armpit is rich in lymph nodes; the lymph removes the toxins from the human body. Pressing the armpit also stimulates the lymph flow and aids in DETOXIFICATION of our systems….. Make it a regular practice to use the Yoga Danda for a few minutes daily while being seated….. Yoga Danda is of great help to practitioners of Japa Meditation as well. Meditation with mala beads (japa) can be tiresome for the hands at times. So the practitioner can use the Yoga Danda to support his arm holding the beads. It enables a longer, unhindered japa without discomfort.